Step 1: Download WinRAR
WinRAR version 5. 91 is available in both 64-bit and 32-bit file downloads. You need to pay for the full version of WinRAR, but most people find that the more basic version works just fine for their needs. To download the software, type https://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0 into your address bar or search “WinRAR Download” into your search engine of choice and click on the top result. Then click the blue “Download WinRAR” button on the right-hand side of the screen, then “Download WinRAR” again.
Step 2: Install WinRAR
Click the downloaded WinRAR file at the bottom of your screen, then press “Yes” to allow the app to make changes to your PC. Click “Install”. This will instantly download the free trial version of the program, which is advertised for use for 40 days. Click “Ok”, then “Done” to complete the install. You will then be able to find the WinRAR file in your programs folder.
Step 3: Use WinRAR
The quickest way to find WinRAR on your Windows 10 PC is to search for it in your “Start” bar. Double-tap to open the software. You can then start to add RAR files and compress, archive or decompress them as you wish. Learning to use WinRAR is fairly straightforward, and the “Help” tab can provide you with more info if you need it.
Step 4: Consider Buying WinRAR In Full
While WinRAR is free to use on Windows and Mac PCs, the program does lightly pressure users to pay for the full version, which comes at a small extra cost per user. However, WinRAR’s 40-trial actually lasts forever, so if you’re fine with the tools you have in the “trial” program, and you’re not a heavy user who could do with WinRAR’s more specialized features, there’s no requirement for you to move on from using the free version.
How To Use WinRAR
WinRAR is a simplified and easy-to-use compression and archiving app loaded with some pretty cool advanced features. The software’s simple platform makes it an excellent choice for the less experienced user.
The light users still get everything they need for free, and the more active and business users pay for the premium stuff. It’s a brilliant business plan that has been used for eons.
What All Can WinRAR Do?
WinRAR is used mainly to compress RAR and ZIP files, the two most popular compression formats on the market today.
People often use WinRAR to save disk space and transmission costs. When you make smaller archives, you generally keep more room on your computer’s drive.
WinRAR is capable of unpacking ARJ, CAB, TAR, LZH, ZIPX, GZ, UUE, ACE, ISO, JAR, BZ2, 7Z, Z, and 001 archives.
When you start your WinRAR trial and get your license, you will gain access to all of the technology WinRAR offers. In fact, you won’t need to purchase any add-ons to create self-extracting files because everything is included.
Here are some of the other features of using WinRAR:
- The archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a 256-bit key is considered to be the industry strength and is included.
- Supports all files and archives up to an incredible 8,589 billion gigabytes! Plus, you get an unlimited number of archived files.
- You can create self-extracting and multi-volume archives.
- Reconstruction of physically damaged archives can be reconstructed with WinRAR’s recovery volumes and the recovery record features.
- Includes a ‘Wizard Mode’ for beginners with a simple Q & A process to access quick answers and resolutions for the program.
- You’ll have access to an entire library of resources and videos to show you how to use WinRAR for whatever action you’re trying to do.
What About All The Features
WinRAR is one of the most potent software compression tools available today, with a host of integrated functions for organizing all your folders, files, and archives.
Here’s a list of some of the additional features:
- Supports All the Popular Compression Formats
- Automatically Recognizes and Selects the Best Compression Methods
- Compresses Multimedia Files, Executables, and Grouped Files
- Splits Archives Into Separate Volumes
- Capabilities of Saving or Sending Compressions in Multiple Parts
- Optimized to Send Data Over the Internet
- Secure 256-Bit Password Encryption with Authenticated Signature
- Fully Compatible with All Versions of Windows, including Windows 10
There is also a wizard tool for doing many different tasks, including scanning your compressed files for any viruses both before and after the compression. This is a great feature for new users or even moderate to experienced users because it plays a vital role in how healthy your compressed files are for downloading and sharing.
Once you get your WinRAR license, it is valid for all the different available platform versions and languages that WinRAR offers. So if a user needs to purchase multiple licenses, they can actually mix different versions to meet all their requirements.
If you should decide to pay for the licensing after the 40-day trial, WinRAR also offers a subscription for maintenance and support; of course, there’s an additional fee on top of the license cost if you want that feature