How to download and use TikTok:
- Go to the iTunes app store or Google Play Store and download TikTok.
- Once downloaded, open the app and select ‘Sign Up’.
- Enter your email address and password to sign up for TikTok; this will not be published on the internet via social media channels like Facebook or Twitter so you can use an anonymous email if required.
- You must enter a valid mobile number as well to complete registration.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Open the link in your inbox to confirm that it is not spam and download TikTok onto your devices (available on iPhone or Android).
TikTok is a very easy to use app that provides the user with an array of creative videos. It allows you – or your friends and followers if they have shared their profile on TikTok -to make fun, funny or interesting short films using its special effects options such as slow motion, speed up etc., which will then be combined into one video for sharing by individual users through ‘moments’ posted onto other social media platforms like Facebook
TikTok allows you to abbreviate your username and uses the internet’s Domain Name System (DNS) technology to convert it into a URL address, which can be shared on other social media platforms. The result is that each ‘moment’ of video recorded by individual users becomes accessible through their unique Facebook profile link.
Due to the fact that you can use a pseudonym for your user name on TikTok, it is extremely easy for people and children in particular to create accounts without having their real names published online.
All in all, TikTok is a fun app that encourages you to make interesting and funny videos. It is also extremely easy for children to use as it does not require any sign up process or password, meaning they can create an account using their email address which will then be converted into the TikTok URL, however young people should think about whether this could lead them being cyber bullied in future due to the anonymity of your profile name on social media platforms like Snapchat etc.,
TikTok’s most popular moment so far is the ‘It guy’. This features a man standing in front of two women, who are also wearing sunglasses and t-shirts with slogans on them like: “Yes I am single” or as seen by one user below; “I can change my mind anytime you want me to!”
The ‘It guy’ is a viral video that has been shared on TikTok more than 20,000 times. It shows the man looking for his date “with an it face”. In this case he calls himself:
This is a great example of how you can use TikTok to your advantage. The ‘It guy’ was made by the user ‘PinkPenguin’ who used his Facebook page account and shared it onto other social media platforms like YouTube, Instagram etc., where he then saw that people were interested in making fun videos about themselves so decided to build up an audience for himself.